Wednesday, 21 November 2012
1. Wear hats.
2. Don't always adopt the latest fashions.
3. Read good books. Always. Often.
4. Girls always look pretty in dresses.
5. Endeavour to find the beautiful in everything.
6. Have good manners.
7. Learn how to cook.
8. Be a good friend to those you love and to those who make it hard.
9. Have self-control in all things.
10. Be a girl who creates beauty wherever she goes.
11. On your nineteenth birthday, invite nine girls to your house, ages seven to two for a tea party. You will be richly blessed.
Thursday, 8 November 2012
Wednesday, 7 November 2012
Thursday, 25 October 2012
There is no good reason to be grumpy in the Fall. Or Summer or Spring. Or Winter.
But sometimes it happens.
That's when you have to get in the kitchen and bake.
Bake the seasons with cinnamon and butter and pumpkin and sugar.
Lots of sugar.
Baking makes things alright again. One shake, stir and measure at a time, you see the small stuff.
The pretty dishes.
The little girl who stopped by to help stir.
Always, the browned butter!
And that's just a start.
Here are some recipes I've been trying this season.
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/10/pumpkin-cake-with-whiskey-whipped-cream/ (I used brown butter frosting!)