Wednesday 23 May 2012

Never more clearly...

Never more clearly have I seen how words wound than when they are fired at me by a young child, angry, defiant.

Never more sure have I seen the heartaches of motherhood than in the eyes of a whining child.

Never has it been harder to forgive when there has been no "I'm sorry" hug.

Never have I felt so helpless than when staring at an unrepentant child.

Never have I realized how I may have caused pain until that pain reaches my own heart.

Never have I been so awed by God's grace than when I have had to extend grace to a rebellious child.

God's grace is amazing, indeed. And if it can save me, it can save the souls of the children whom I love. That is my prayer for them, always. I can't change them, but God can. When I am weak, He is strong.

- Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment