Friday 2 December 2011

Children and the Mouths Thereof

I love kids. I mean, what else can you do with them?

Some of the best moments are when they blurt out a deep thought that has clearly been discussed with their parents – all pleased and confident with their knowledge.

Like this…

I’m babysitting and a rousing game of make believe was in progress with stuffed nativity figures of Joseph and Mary. The story came to a climax when Kid #1 made "Jophes" fly off the handle and attack Mary. Everyone broke out in high giggles except Kid #2, who looked up from her book and said, "He is not respecting his wife like he promised in the wedding. God will not be pleased with him." And a nod for emphasis.

Or like this…

Landon was doing his classic gulpslurp, that’s-how-he-eats routine last night at supper. At one point he must have stopped to actually chew some chicken, because he had time to announce. "We’re all sinners." We all agreed with the ‘saved by God’s Grace’ clause. "Yup," he said, "God has more power than anything else. Even a dragon."

Of course, things can sometimes get a little off the track.

"The only thing dragons can do that God can’t, is blow fire," Landon says.

Yeah. Well…nobody can deny that growing in knowledge of the Truth is always a work in progress!

~Olivia

2 comments:

  1. It is good that those who have or work with kids have a sense of humor :-). I loved this post and on the strength of it browsed through some of your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a really nice spot for your readers to visit and I enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete