Thursday 29 March 2012

Lessons Learned

I have thought a lot about writing a blog post in the past few weeks.

Sitting in the car, falling asleep at night, lounging in the bath tub, I would catch a few poignant sentences about a certain subject in the rambling tunnels of my brain. I'd try to follow the thought, but it would be gone from me.

The point is, a few sentences, no matter how pithy they are, do not a blog post make.
So, I decided to give you the low down on what I've been learning the last few weeks of my life in list form.

Because, who doesn't like lists?

1. Do NOT judge a lemon meringue pie by its outer appearance!

2. Forgiveness is sometimes a daily act.

3. Finally doing something you've been procrastinating is the best feeling in the whole wide world.

4. Prayer is essentially the act of discovering you're not as great as you thought you were.

5. Everything looks better in black and white. (Whatever Paul Simon may say.)

6. It's okay if you're not good at crafts. It really is!

7. If you've got a very angry lady on the other end of the phone, just keep saying "yes, ma'am." She will be mollified!

8. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Your life isn't as bad as you think it is.

9. The hardest part of writing a novel is....writing it.

10. Don't wait for Prince Charming to go on a "date." Sisters do just fine in a pinch.

I promise you that next time I will have something more thought provoking, helpful, and pithy.


- Millie

2 comments:

  1. Love lists, love you!
    Corny, sorry. Can't help it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most certainly forgiven for all corniness!!

    ReplyDelete