Friday 10 May 2013

For the last few months I have been frustrated by the seemingly endless blogs that portray motherhood as this perfection of duty.  This seeming striving for perfection that is exhausting, physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually.  A striving that forgets God's grace.  I have started and restarted a post to somehow express the truth and honesty I feel is important for all women and aspiring wives and mothers to read about, but just haven't been able to organize my thoughts well enough.

I was thinking it would be a fitting mother's day weekend post to finally formulate my thoughts. However, I read Ann Voskamp's latest post here: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2013/05/why-mothers-day-is-for-the-birds/ and it basically said everything I wanted to say and more.  If you are a mother...if you hope to be a mother someday...read this.  And just rest in God's grace today and who He has made you to be.
  Much love,
        -Abigail xx

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you Abigail, and with Ann's post (by the way don't you always want to add a "e" to her name... Yes I blame Anne Shirley for that one!)

    True, motherhood does means that some sacrifices needs to be make, a dying to self, and works to be done. But the truth is that a mother that is depleted emotional, physically and spiritually is by to mean fully serving her family. Making sense?

    You can't run on a empty tank, and your children need to see us smile, see up happy and feel our love more then a perfectly clean house, dozen of baked cookies or the mother that look like she have it all together.

    Truth be told, we don't have it all together all the time, dishes and laundry piles up, children bicker, and we sin.

    But Grace we revive and grace we should give.

    Love
    Renee

    ReplyDelete