Tuesday 7 May 2013

Nothing Nicer


There is nothing nicer than sewing for a new baby! I had the fun of it this winter - and I found some great tutorials along the way.

First and Foremost - Burp Cloths. (Sorry Millie)...but what else do you call them?


I used a towel for the back which was stiff, but should be absorbant.


Quilts are pretty much the ultimate gift to anyone - anytime, anywhere. (In my opinion.) But with super-soft minky on the back? Perfect for baby.



And I know not everyone is into nursing covers - but if you are - this tutorial was very quick and easy!


That's all for now!

~Liv

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely gifts for Eleanor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are just adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicoline - But what are they receiving???

    - Millie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We (me; my family; my general acquaintance) also call them receiving blankets. Millie: what do you want them called?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily,

    I don't know, really. I'm just being difficult. :)I guess I just don't like the word "burp." And I thought "receiving blankets" were those rectangle blankets used to wrap babies up in. I could be wrong, though.

    - Millie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, I think you might be right. In which case I don't even know if I've ever seen a "burp cloth"? :S
    I should probably drop it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think "burp cloths" are more towelly on one side than a normal blanket.
    I'm so glad we had this little talk. :)

    - Millie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know when Landon was a baby, I called the "gag rags"...many women just use prefold diapers for that, because they are more receptive. They call them burp cloths, because you use them as protective covering when you "burp" baby. I guess you could call them "vomit cloths" or "protective cloths", but none of those sound any better than "burp cloth". Receiving blankets are often used as burp cloths and I suppose that if you use them as a protective covering from the effects of some burping...you could be "receiving" something with those cloths. But traditionally there is a different between the two. The smaller burp cloths are far more absorbent. You can use them without folding them over. -Abi

    ReplyDelete