99% of single girls hate the fact that they’re single. They feel lonely, misplaced, and out of the loop. And while I have experienced all of that multiple times, I also think that there is a lot to be said for the single state. Here’s ten reasons why I’m glad that I’m single.
1. I can wear heavy applications of lipstick and not worry about kissing issues.
2. All the blankets on the bed are for me and me alone!
3. I can cut my hair any time I want without a husband raising a stink about it.
4. No need to read any scary, confusing, guilt-tripping pregnancy books.
5. I don’t have to a) worry about planning a wedding or b) regret parts of a wedding already past.
6. No anniversary and Valentine’s day presents to think about. While we’re on the subject, one less Christmas and birthday present to think about too.
7. I’m free to comment on the handsomeness of actors and male acquaintances quite freely.
8. I can read books for wives and mothers without fear of being convicted.
9. I can wear ratty pajamas without anyone knowing or caring.
10. I can be the “expert” on homemaking and parenting without fear of failure.
I think that it’s hard for single girls to gain a sense of security and belonging without a husband and family. Meanwhile, we struggle with career choices and where we should live – whether we should stay where we are, or go out looking. Many of us view homemaking as a worthy life calling. It’s hard to accept the fact that we’re going to have to wait for this – or maybe never get married at all. And, I’m right there with you, ladies.
Be brave, and don’t settle for a life full of waiting, sadness, and complaining. You are not a lesser individual because you are single. You are not less pretty, or smart, or witty, or godly than the wives that you know. You just have a different path to follow. Enjoy your single state as much as you can, and wear that red lipstick, baby!